Re: vc-next-action RCS vs hg: copies the entry of ChangeLog

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: vc-next-action RCS vs hg: copies the entry of ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 02:46:28 +0300

On 10/19/2015 04:20 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:

So I think the new template should be fine or you want to fiddle me the
  newlines?

Why newlines?

The obvious difference is that the values are not lined up vertically. But you can add spaces to fix that, manually. Then:

- No need to replace "summary:" with "description:".
- Even when the commit doesn't have a tag, your template still shows that line.
- The date format is slightly different.
- When the commit has multiple parents, the default style shows them both, yours doesn't.

How to implement that in is not entirely clear to me. Maybe a different
template for hg is needed?

I don't know what you mean by that.

It's okay if this is too much for you. Then please open a bug for this, and we'll get back to it later. Maybe someone experienced with Mercurial will come and help.