Re: On the popularity of git

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: On the popularity of git
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 14:58:32 +0100

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's related to your response. I wouldn't take a maintainer position where everyone feels free to second-guess me on trivial decisions.

On one hand, I don't think John's already been appointed as head maintainer. Or did I miss some announcement?

On the other hand, someone who wouldn't take the position because some mild disagreement over trivial issues on emacs-devel, well... let's say they wouldn't seem to be well suited to the job. This is not, and never has been, a quiet, happy place. Characters flare. Opinions are thrown around with force. Egos are sometimes bruised.