Re: New emacs download page

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: New emacs download page
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:19:20 +0100

> These pages should not mention specific GNU/Linux distros that are
> nonfree.  To do so would boost them, which goes against or purposes.

I understand your point of view.

However, I don't think making it harder for new users to install GNU
Emacs on common GNU/Linux distros by not mentioning installation
procedures on such systems, and at the same time explaining in detail
how to install GNU Emacs on Windows and OS X is our purpose either.

Also, the purpose of this page is to make adoption of GNU Emacs easier,
not at all to endorse a distro or another.

Do you think we could reach an agreement, for instance by adding a link
and a short text about non-free distros?

Neco