Re: Nextstep build uses iso-latin by default. WHY?

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: Nextstep build uses iso-latin by default. WHY?
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:30:26 +0200

Anders Lindgren <address@hidden> writes:

> * Add OS X-specific features (while still respecting the FSF policy
> that features should not only be available on non-free systems)

Well, recently I switched from Railwaycat's Mac port
(at https://github.com/railwaycat/mirror-emacs-mac) to the official
Emacs version (installed using Homebrew).
I never understood why Railwaycat's changes are not merged to the
official repo, but is it because of that FSF policy?

I really would like to help make the official Emacs work better on OS X,
but if I understand it correctly, not everything is allowed?

But I'll start going through the bugs to see where I can help and so try
to getter a better understanding of the source code.

---
Toon Claes
address@hidden
PGP key fingerprint = AA9A A457 F944 B972 83D4  A177 3114 3A82 D32B 3897