Re: emacs-25 10597c9: Don't use 'find-program'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-25 10597c9: Don't use 'find-program'
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:57:28 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 17:56:42 -0400
>

> If you use grep, :), you'll see that "find-program" is used in other
> files as well (find-dired, check-declare, find-cmd).
>
> (Personally I think renaming it to grep-find-program was a too-literal
> adherence to the namespace convention. It is the find program, it just
> happened to live in grep.el. Its general usefulness is reflected in the
> autoload. Maybe you'd be happier moving it to some find*.el file.)

check-declare uses find/grep, so I changed it to use
grep-find-program.

I don't know what to do about the other 2 cases.  It is certainly
wrong for them to use the same defcustom as used in grep.el and
related commands.  I think they should be changed to use a separate
defcustom (which could be called find-program ;-).  But I leave this
to whoever cares enough to scratch that itch.