Re: Getting start on Emacs 25.2

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Getting start on Emacs 25.2
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 17:37:00 +0300

> From: John Wiegley <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 19:45:55 -0700
>
> Now that 25.1 is out the door, it's time to begin work on 25.2. I'd like to
> ask those who are aware of patches that might have been applied to 25.1, but
> weren't due to time pressure, to review those patches and consider
> cherry-picking them to the emacs-25 branch, which is now open to such changes.

My gut feeling is that everything on master is relevant to Emacs 25.2,
and therefore we should probably start a new branch, called emacs-25.2
or some such, forking it off master.  Trying to go through the changes
deciding which ones are worthy of cherry-picking is IMO a waster of
our time, as no AFAIR major features were pushed to master that would
be inappropriate for 25.2.

Alternatively, we could decide that 25.2 will be a bugfix only
release, in which case none of the changes on master should be in it,
only bugs that will be reported hence about the released version.

My $0.20, anyway.