Re: [elpa] master cf17576 4/7: Fix #89: Make sure compilation-auto-jump

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] master cf17576 4/7: Fix #89: Make sure compilation-auto-jump run before cleanup
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2016 23:05:11 -0400

> +      ;; Manually run the `compilation-auto-jump' timer. Hackish but
> +      ;; everything else seems unreliable. See:
> +      ;;
> +      ;; - http://debbugs.gnu.org/13829
> +      ;; - http://debbugs.gnu.org/23987
> +      ;; - https://github.com/leoliu/ggtags/issues/89
> +      ;;
> +      (pcase (cl-find 'compilation-auto-jump timer-list :key
> #'timer--function)
> +        (`nil )
> +        (timer (timer-event-handler timer)))

I think this deserves a bug report, where we try to figure out how to
make it possible for ggtags.el to work properly without resorting to such
a hideous and brittle hack.

A hack will probably have to stay for compatibility with older Emacsen,
but we should come up with a better solution for the future.

        Stefan