Re: Interactive query-replace

From: Ole Laursen
Subject: Re: Interactive query-replace
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 23:27:30 +0100

> On 2017-02-09 16:27, Ole Laursen wrote:
>> Doesn't this sound like something Emacs should be doing?
>
> I think you'll like https://github.com/benma/visual-regexp.el :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I have installed both.

Multiple cursors is a bit too general/fiddly for this problem I think,
although the concept seems useful for solving problems that otherwise
call for a keyboard macro and apply-macro-to-region-lines.

As for visual-regexp, after setting vr/default-replace-preview to t,
vr/query-replace seems to do what I'm suggesting. Neat. Would it make
sense to integrate behavior like this into stock Emacs?

Ole