Re: building/using address-sanitizer-enabled emacs?

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: building/using address-sanitizer-enabled emacs?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 23:15:26 +0000

Jim Meyering <address@hidden> schrieb am So., 7. Mai 2017 um 05:40 Uhr:
Has anyone managed to dump an ASAN-enabled emacs recently?
I can build and use an ASAN-enabled temacs, but it's too slow, of course.

I've just run the test suite through ASan with an undumped emacs on macOS. I got lots of dynamic-stack-buffer-overflow errors when using SAFE_ALLOCA, which I can't explain; maybe that's indeed an ASan bug because alloca isn't that widely used.
There's one actual bug: the sockaddr_in in line 3538 of process.c needs to be sockaddr_storage, otherwise it's too small for IPv6. (And conv_sockaddr_to_lisp should probably check that the address is of the expected length and not blindly overwrite the len argument.)