Re: building/using address-sanitizer-enabled emacs?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: building/using address-sanitizer-enabled emacs?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 14:49:46 -0700

From: Jim Meyering<address@hidden>
With the above, I thought I was avoiding the undumping issue by using temacs.
Indeed, I believe the problem you reported is unrelated to unexec.

You're right, I didn't read Jim's message carefully enough. I see that the AddressSanitizer code suffered some bitrot since I last got it working; among other things its output was being discarded on Fedora 25 x86-64, which at first gave me a false sense of security.... I installed the attached patches to work around the GCC problem that Jim reported, the improper output discard, and one minor memory leak uncovered by AddressSanitizer. When I run Emacs with AddressSanitizer now, it reports some other minor memory leaks, almost all from the fontconfig library. I do not observe any problems with SAFE_ALLOCA.