Re: /* */ style comments in C++ sources

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: /* */ style comments in C++ sources
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 20:31:44 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 21:57:17 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Is there a way to tell Emacs to use the C-style comments in C++
> sources?  (I couldn't find that in the CC Mode manual.)

No, there is no (reasonable) way to tell CC Mode what style of comments
one prefers.

People have asked about this before.  It seems like it would be a useful
facility to add.  Though it might take a surprisingly large amount of
work to implement.

I'll think about it.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).