Re: /* */ style comments in C++ sources

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: /* */ style comments in C++ sources
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:36:01 -0400

> * Richard Stallman <address@hidden> [2017-05-23 20:02:10 -0400]:

>   > People have asked about this before.  It seems like it would be a useful
>   > facility to add.  Though it might take a surprisingly large amount of
>   > work to implement.
>
> If we had a user option to control it, you could specify that
> in the -*- line or the local variables list.

Or maybe set it based on file content: if the user did not customize the
variable and the file does not set it, check if the first 1kb(?) uses
exclusively (predominantly?) one style and not the other.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1504
http://steingoldpsychology.com http://www.childpsy.net https://jihadwatch.org