Re: Native display of line numbers

From: Sébastien Le Callonnec
Subject: Re: Native display of line numbers
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 21:47:50 +0100

Hi Eli,

On 2017-06-17 16:12:00, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Please give it a try and report any bugs you find.  I'm sure there
> will be quite a few bugs, given the sheer amount of display feature
> which could be affected, and which I didn't have time to test.

One issue I am noticing is that line numbers are getting displayed in
the minibuffer, when they are explicitly turned off in linum.el.  This
is particularly obvious when using ido-vertical-mode.

Thanks for tackling this – this already looks like a major improvement
over linum-mode.

Regards,
Sébastien.