Re: Native display of line numbers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Native display of line numbers
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 05:38:05 +0300

> From: Sébastien Le Callonnec <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 21:47:50 +0100
>
> One issue I am noticing is that line numbers are getting displayed in
> the minibuffer

Only if you use setq-default to turn on the line numbers in all
buffers, I presume?  You can always turn it off explicitly in that
buffer (and any other buffer where you don't want it).

I wasn't sure no one will want numbers in the minibuffer, so I didn't
forced them off there.  I'd like to hear more opinions before deciding
on this.

Thanks.