[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: VC menu ?
Re: VC menu ?
Thu, 6 Jul 2017 21:10:07 +0900
> On Jul 6, 2017, at 20:27, Mark Oteiza <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, and let's further add top-level menu items for every other
> important tool in Emacs workflows.
Like what ? I checked the Tools menu and besides for VC I could not find
anything as important as *version control* there. Plus, considering that every
major mode puts its menu there, it would be very welcome to have VC
automatically at the top level when working on vc-ed files. Maybe *that* had
escaped your logic.
> That way, the menu shows every useful thing at once, and is simultaneously
> cumbersome to the point of unusability.
Except that it's not what I suggested.
> Sarcasm aside, if you had ever flipped through the Emacs manual or scrolled
> through a list of keybindings, you would have been aware of VC.
Oh, and *that* is not sarcasm.
Re: VC menu ?, Ted Zlatanov, 2017/07/06
- VC menu ?, Jean-Christophe Helary, 2017/07/06
- Re: VC menu ?, Mark Oteiza, 2017/07/06
- Re: VC menu ?, Kaushal Modi, 2017/07/06
- Re: VC menu ?,
Jean-Christophe Helary <=
- Re: VC menu ?, Andreas Schwab, 2017/07/06
- Re: VC menu ?, Jean-Christophe Helary, 2017/07/06
- Re: VC menu ?, Tino Calancha, 2017/07/06
- Re: VC menu ?, Stephen Berman, 2017/07/06
- Re: VC menu ?, Tino Calancha, 2017/07/07