Re: Split `simple.el'?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Split `simple.el'?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 21:05:30 -0400

> Maybe you mean a persistent cache on disk?

Yes, that's what I meant.  But in any case, there's no point
discussing/considering it until the actual source of the problem is
precisely characterized, and since his problem shows up long before
those chars are actually displayed, I'm inclined to believe that his
problem might depend on local configuration and the like.  IOW, for all
I know, it might not occur with `emacs -Q`.  So we're far from having
characterized the problem precisely.

        Stefan