Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut...

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut...
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 19:14:16 +0100

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 12:06:07AM +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> When I attach emacs to gdb from Emacs I get this:
>
> Attaching to process 42692
> Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 42692: (os/kern) failure (0x5).
>  (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))
> (gdb) thread.c:1555: internal-error:
> scoped_restore_current_thread::scoped_restore_current_thread(): Assertion `tp
> != NULL' failed.
> A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
> further debugging may prove unreliable.
>
> When I start gdb from the command line and attach emacs there I get this:
> Attaching to process 42692
> Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 42692: (os/kern) failure (0x5).
>  (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))

To run gdb on macOS you need to follow instructions like the following:

https://gist.github.com/gravitylow/fb595186ce6068537a6e9da6d8b5b96d

otherwise it’s simply not allowed to attach to another process. (I’ve
not tried these specific instructions.)

lldb should already be signed so will work, but you’ll miss out on
some gdb specific settings in the emacs source.
--
Alan Third