Re: Making 'eq' == 'eql' in bignum branch

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Making 'eq' == 'eql' in bignum branch
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 11:57:44 -0700

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Like the case where bignums are used, I don't have a clear enough idea
of whether it'll end up too costly or not.

Yes, the only way to find out whether the cost will be acceptable is to try it.

My intuition is that it'll be OK, in the sense that large buffers are already so slow for other other reasons that the cost of testing for bignums will be not noticed by users.