Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:16:59 +0200

Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> The first pcase I wrote was adapted from an example in the sources
> that used quotes; that code broke when a user tried it on an older
> Emacsen.
> It's not a huge issue, of course.

I see.  But measured from now, if the Emacs is only a bit older than
that one, there is no pcase at all.  And the semantics of pcase also saw
some more additions in the meantime.  So I tend to do what I suggested.

BTW, why I do want to do these replacements is because I think `ATOM
looks frightening to people: they think "what the hell does this mean"
though it's actually something simple.  Or, with other words, I think
replacing `ATOM with 'ATOM would improve readability.

Michael.