Re: rectangular region kill saves leading whitespaces

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: rectangular region kill saves leading whitespaces
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 07:06:12 -0400

> It copies created leading whitespaces at each line shorter than the longest one.

I am assuming that you mean the trailing (towards the end of line) space.

> It is annoying to me: is it intended to be as it is, is it a bug, or a non-existing-yet feature?

I see that copying of whitespace as a feature, as I have needed that many times. It's really helpful when you are pasting a rectangle block of text in between some other text.

Also, as the name says, it copies a "reactangle" of text. Without the whitespace, the block won't be a rectangle.

Look into delete-trailing-whitespace[0] function, which you can even add to the after-save-hook.

--
Kaushal Modi

[0]: https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Useless-Whitespace.html