Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extract

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 14:52:17 +0300

On 03.01.2019 3:44, Juri Linkov wrote:

So type the file name (or a part of it)? I'm not seeing the problem, sorry.

Typing a part of the file name matches also directory names
and all files that these directories contain.

I see. Well, please refer to the "new completion style" part of this discussion.

I don't mind adding more multifile stuff to multifile.el,
whereas naming it something that contains the word “loop”
will limit its scope to only iteration commands.

There is no problem in that: the package indeed has a limited scope, because it contains a particular UI. That's all.

I'm pretty exasperated at this point of discussion, so I don't see a good next step here except to go and rename it myself.

Or, well, moving the new commands there (and outside of project.el) and forgetting all about it. I might start with that.

BTW, wanted to ask a related question: in multifile.el I see
multifile-continue, but can't find its keybinding.  Is it
bound to some key like it was earlier IIRC to ‘M-,’?

I think the idea is that the user sets up a binding themselves. E.g. people who don't want to use xref will change 'M-,' back to multifile-continue.