Re: [ELPA] Package proposal: relint (ex-trawl)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Package proposal: relint (ex-trawl)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 14:18:38 -0400

>> The harm is that it's IME annoying to invoke a target only to be
>> presented with some error message which at best says some file or
>> program is missing.
> Then we should start removing the `dvi`, `pdf`, `html`, `info`, and
> `ps` targets in doc/emacs/Makefile.

I see that I was overreacting, because of my frustration in the other
thread.  So let me clarify that the `make relint` target is not that
important: very few people will want to run such an Emacs-wide make
target (more interesting will be to run it occasionally on your own
packages, like checkdoc).

So the only part that matters is to include the package in GNU ELPA.
Whether we also add a `make relint` target is of no consequence.

        Stefan