Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 13:55:29 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 13:35:01 +0300
>
> > When close to 80% of bugs and patches posted to the issue tracker will
> > wait less than a week before they get responded in some meaningful way
> > (excluding a mere acknowledge of seeing the report), and not
> > necessarily by yours truly.  Sounds good?
>
> You mean only after that we can consider changing workflows?

That's the criterion I propose, yes.

> A lot of big, popular projects (and especially those) have huge
> numbers of untriaged bugs because it's simply a function of a
> project's popularity.

I see no reason not to triage the bugs quickly, even if a large
portion of the bugs gets triaged into the "unassigned" category.
Triage is not a complex process.

> I honestly do not know what improvement is possible with our current
> resources. The only way I know of improving the situation is to try, and
> try, to attract new contributors. And that can happen if we use newer
> tools which increase visibility into our development process, and makes
> it more approachable for a new contributor.

The situation actually improves quite steadily.  Just slowly.

> If you look back at the list I wrote, only the step of Migration off
> Debbugs (the last one) should be considered distant.

So you propose that we use debbugs and Gitlab concurrently?  How's
that supposed to work?