Re: Ctrl-[ ?

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Ctrl-[ ?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 02:23:43 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> IMO, being able to bind C-[ to something else is not an important
> feature, not enough to break the compatibility.  But that's me.

Perhaps it makes sense from a compatibility standpoint, but I
suspect that many users would be surprised by the inability to
rebind C-[ or C-i.  (Binding C-i also rebinds TAB.)

Would it make sense to show a warning when trying to bind keys such as
C-[ or C-i?  (Or, perhaps better, to show it in the "*Help*" buffer?
C-h k C-[ only shows "ESC- " when I try, though.)

Would it make sense to introduce a variable to turn this behaviour off
in a graphical environment?  The default could stay as is.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas