[macos] memory use up to 1gb

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: [macos] memory use up to 1gb
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 12:25:08 +0900

I'm starting emacs with 30 buffers (of which 28 are files), with no running
processes and the memory footprint is about 150 mb.

After a few days of working with the buffers (mostly text editing, org-mode
use, packages updates, etc.) I end up with more than 1gb of memory footprint.

Is that an anomaly ? Does that correspond to undo information and other things
like that ? If that's an anomaly, how do I debug that (it seems to take some
time to reach that value) or how do I avoid that phenomenon ?

I'm using the regularly updated "vanilla" master branche (simple "make install"
on macos 10.14.6).

Jean-Christophe Helary