local binding ineffective inside widget

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: local binding ineffective inside widget
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 08:39:39 -0400

> But I have a question: I want that C-c C-c in the _whole_ pop-up buffer
> starts the search - even when point is over a widget.  I didn't get that
> work.  The local map is ignored inside widgets.

I don't have time to look more closely, but I'd suspect it might be
because the widget uses the `local-map` property instead of the
`keymap` property.  If so, maybe you can change the widget to use the
`keymap` property instead or to dynamically build a keymap that inherits
from the buffer-wide local-map?

A possible workaround is to put the binding inside an ad-hoc minor-mode.

        Stefan