Re: Question about display engine

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 10:40:42 +0200

> Please give a look to the attached patch and check if it is working fine
> for you. (I added a new branch "extend_face_id" in savannah too)

Thanks.  The problem with my standard use case on your branch is that
when I customize 'font-lock-comment-face' to have a specific
:background and :extend nil, the background I specified nevertheless
extends to the end of the line.  So I wonder why it works to not
extend the region while it apparently does not work to not extend
'font-lock-comment-face'.

martin