Re: Question about display engine

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 11:18:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hi again:

I was just checking the code once again and it is actually working. The
problem before was in the lisp part. the interactive functions:

(set-face-extend 'region t)

does not change the face value when called interactively. (We have
observed similar issues before with customize-variable and maybe it
needs to be fix.) They seem to be changing the values of the variables
locally in the minibuffer instead of the "caller" buffer. But it works
when executed throw C-x C-e; so maybe some lisper can give a look to
this please.

As now it works at least for the region and fixes these issues.

1) Tui and gui extension is consistent (still needs some work but should
be a minor issues to fix)

2) the region extension can be customized (which could be considered a
new feature).

3) The interaction with dfci reported in the bug that started this is
not broken anymore.

At the end I implemented it lazily because it appeared to be the easiest
alternative for me; but I am completely open to any comment/suggestion
(please ignore code style for now.)

Finally I have a explicit question:

when we set :extend nil for the region face do you consider correct that
the extra space we always add must have the region color (instead of the
default) in order to see
a colored space in the empty lines?