Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 17:24:45 +0300

On 10.09.2019 16:39, Tassilo Horn wrote:
But what should this do?  From a vc list-files function I'd expect (and
document) that it lists all and only tracked files.  So should the
default implementation use find to locate all files and then check each
one if it is tracked using vc-state (or something alike)?

I'd really like it to be more feature-rich. I.e. to accept arguments which files it will return, or blacklist/whitelist.

In my limited testing, Git can handle it and will still return the list of files much faster than the current find-based solution.

It's a bit more complex to implement, though. That's why it has been on my list for a while without much progress.