Re: bat-mode: Inconsistent fontification. Consider using font-lock-funct

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: bat-mode: Inconsistent fontification. Consider using font-lock-function-name-face
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 21:49:02 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> The moment new faces are added I expect users to start complaining
> that these faces are not supported by this and that foo-mode.  So mode
> authors aren't forced to implement them only in theory, IMO.

For modes in elpa, there is also the backward compatibility problem. So
they cannot feel forced to apply such new faces directly.

Asking for similar faces for similar syntactic entities in different
modes is legitimate. IMHO.

These new faces give mode authors a hint how to provide own customized
faces as long as necessary. And moving to the new faces will happen over
the years only.

Best regards, Michael.