Re: bat-mode: Inconsistent fontification. Consider using font-lock-funct

From: Jostein Kjønigsen
Subject: Re: bat-mode: Inconsistent fontification. Consider using font-lock-function-name-face
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 18:56:08 +0200

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019, at 4:54 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> From: Jostein Kjønigsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 06:29:58 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden

> Again, are there any objectively negative or adverse side-effects of adding more default-faces which authors
> can use and users can customize?

You mean, except requiring all the other major modes to implement it,
including those outside the Emacs core?  No other objections.

I don’t think that’s a fair way of putting it.

Giving major-mode authors more options with regard to faces they can use in their modes, does in no way -force- major-mode authors into using those if they don’t think they provide value.

Right now major-mode authors are already inventing their own non-standard font-lock-faces and giving them standard options to use instead can IMO only be considered an improvement.