Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 06:36:55 +0300

On 16.09.2019 5:27, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

You seem to be ignoring what I wrote about 'find' being significantly
slower on non-Posix platforms (perhaps on all non-GNU/Linux
platforms).

A little bit, but I think I've addressed that in another email.

Should we sacrifice some correctness for speed? If backends other than Git (and maybe Hg) can't return untracked files, any file that the user just created won't show up in project-find-file. I think it's a problem.

We could make up some performance using filenotify and caching, so that 'find', though slower, would at least be called infrequently.