Re: master f198a5c: Revert "emacsclient: ignore --eval parameters when s

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: master f198a5c: Revert "emacsclient: ignore --eval parameters when starting alternate editor"
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:36:54 +0200

Hi,

Sven Joachim writes:
> So, in what way is --eval useful without an Emacs already running?

When I am not in my office, I read my mail by running SSH into my
desktop machine and starting "emacsclient -nw -a '' -e '(gnus)'".
Usually this starts an Emacs server, but if Emacs is already running,
this will just bring it to the foreground.  In both cases it will
immediately update my Gnus instance.

benny