Re: Install C source code for for debugging help

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Install C source code for for debugging help
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 20:19:44 +0200 (CEST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> To see whether this is a useful feature, we'd need a real user poll

I build Emacs from the emacs-master.tar.gz file produced by the Git repo and
after the build I delete both the build tree and the tarball (*), so I do not
see any usefulness to have the source. If I need it I can read it directly
online from the Git repo, and if I need it to change something and test  I can
download it. BTW, I often build without debug info so why should I have the
need of source? Why you insist in creating "user-developer"?  Do you really
think all user of a software product aim to read it source to understand how it
work?

Please, let me know how to disable this if installed on master...

  Angelo

----
(*) Really I start to build on GNU/Linux Mint where the tar.gz is downloaded.
Then I build for this OS and do also a nox build to be installed on WSL. Then
the tar.gz is transferred on the Windows partition where a Windows build is
done for W10 Pro 64. the result is installed also on a W10 Home 64.