Re: Install C source code for for debugging help

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Install C source code for for debugging help
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 15:58:25 +0300

> From: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 13:58:56 +0200
>
> On Sep 27 2019, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Is that different from source-directory?
>
> Yes.
>
> >  If so, can you tell why it's different?
>
> Because the build directory name is not suitable for use in an installed
> package.

OK, I can see why this is a valid reason.  But how does it happen,
technically, that the emacs-debugsource directory is different?  I
mean, isn't the source directory recorded at build time, both in the
debug info and in the dumped Emacs?  I'm missing the mechanism or
procedure by which these two become different.

Or maybe you didn't mean the source directory as recorded in the debug
info.  But then where is the emacs-debugsource directory recorded?

Thanks.