Re: Severe regressions in context of keyboard macros

From: Christoph Arenz
Subject: Re: Severe regressions in context of keyboard macros
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 19:59:38 +0200

On 28.09.19 15:44, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 08:35:29 -0400
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden

Anyway, my point is that maybe a better fix is to try and understand why
Calc does a read+unread and then figure out a way to get the same end
result without needing to read+unread.

That would definitely be the cleanest approach. As I understand it,
there are about 15 places in calc where it calls `calc-unread-command',
which then pushes events into unread-command-events and four more cases
in keypad.el without calling calc-unread-command.

Understanding the 'why' for every case probably requires someone with a
better expertise of calc than me...

If someone is willing to do that, I'd of course encourage that.