Re: Bug statistics

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Bug statistics
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 15:50:44 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Lars,

>> Hmmm, we made already an extension to the Debbugs::SOAP interface,
>> offered on debbugs.gnu.org (function search_est for searching in the
>> bugs database). So we could add another Debbugs::SOAP function to
>> provide statistical data.
>>
>> OTOH, the long term plan is to merge our changes to upstream
>> Debbugs. Further extensions would be in the way.
>
> One thing that's a bit annoying with the data the SOAP interface returns
> today is that it doesn't really have a field that says when a bug was
> closed.  Instead if has a status field, and a last_modified field, and
> that's what I'm using in my charts.  However, a bug may be modified
> after it's closed: The main reason is when it's moved to the archive one
> month later, and that's easy enough to check for (just subtract a month
> when it's in the archive).

There is fixed_date, which is intended for this. But it doesn't seem to
be set.

> Is there a date field in the bugs database that says when the bug was
> closed?  It seems like it, because the web interface includes that data
> point.  Would it be possible to return that in the SOAP response, too?

Could you please give me an example bug where the web interface tells
this? I didn't find any bug showing this information.

Btw, if you want to see all data fields of a bug in the Emacs debbugs
list, select a bug and type "d".

Best regards, Michael.