Re: BIKESHED: completion faces

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: BIKESHED: completion faces
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 14:07:59 -0500

> Just nullify the firstdiff face and it becomes better! And you still
> "see" the first diff via very advanced visual differentiation
> techniques available today in most mammal's brains.

I don't think this has much of a chance of getting wide approval.

>> I'm no big fan of "common=blue3-background firstdiff=bold" but it might
                                   ^^^^
                                   fore
Duh!  Sorry!

> Company uses the same face for flex and common, a drab red
> that is barely visible against the default yellow.

It's a different colorscheme, but it's comparable to the
"blue3-foreground" in terms of visibility/discretion (maybe the
red-on-yellow is a bit more visible).

> Textmate used to use bold.  I bet Sublime text and other still use
> it, but probably I'll lose that bet.

I don't have any such editors around for testing, so if anybody else has
datapoints to contribute, that would be helpful.

        Stefan