Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 11:37:38 -0500

Karl Fogel writes:

> On 17 Nov 2019, address@hidden wrote:
>>I hear you loud and clear on the debbugs, but many people accustomed to
>>browser-everything would also say emacs is similarly antiquated.
>>
>>I would be frustrated too by the responses you received suggesting nothing is
>>awry about debbugs.  But in any unpaid project, the response to "please kill
>>this" should be "please implement a better alternative."
>
> Agreed.  I think we've had consensus on that for a long time:
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2007/DebbugsWebUI
>
> :-)
>
> As far as I can tell, everyone is fine with our bug-tracking system
> having more browser-accessible features -- particularly the features
> many developers are accustomed to from other trackers -- as long as
> the system *also* has the email-manipulation capabilities that Debbugs
> currently has (and on which some of Emacs's most active & expert
> maintainers depend).
>
> Best regards,
> -Karl

Guix runs a web based issue tracker on top of debbugs that looks quite
nice:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/
  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37855

The software for the web UI is here:
  https://git.elephly.net/software/mumi.git

It doesn't allow for replying via the web UI, but navigating as a user
is much nicer.  Maybe it will make some people happier?