Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, ple

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 18:53:24 -0500

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 12:00:10 +0100 Michael Albinus
<address@hidden> wrote:
> We could not identify the author. All bugs would have the same one,
> with the same email address. Discussions (with automated email
> replies) wouldn't work.

Software is mutable; free software even more so. If it's important
enough to allow random people to submit bug reports, the code can be
modified to make that practical. Saying that it's "impossible" to
use Gitlab because it lacks a feature we could write is unreasonable.
Saying "we will need to add the following feature" is more
constructive.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden