Re: Starting the Emacs 27 release cycle

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Starting the Emacs 27 release cycle
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 01:16:00 +0200

> I'm planning on cutting the emacs-27 release branch in a week or so.
> If someone has plans for changes that must be done before that, so
> that they end up in Emacs 27.1, please make it happen till then, or
> ask here for an extension.  After the branch is cut, only bugfixes
> will be allowed on the release branch, per our usual practices (see
> CONTRIBUTE).

The remaining tabs feature is to add support for a new display action
display-buffer-in-tab for display-buffer-alist to be implemented in
bug#38354 that takes about a week.

PS: I also have an unfinished implementation of more fancy looking tabs
with rounded corners that would take more than 2 weeks to complete
but this is of lesser importance and thus has lower priority.