Re: Criticism of jit-lock--antiblink-post-command

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Criticism of jit-lock--antiblink-post-command
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 21:09:13 +0000

Hi Alan,

Indeed it makes sense to let the customizer explicitly
choose nil.  I will fix that. Doesn't the docstring already
say it can be nil?  Maybe you missed it at the end
of such a long docstring (I will make it shorter per Eli's
request).

It's easy to toggle the variable to nil buffer-locally, but as
Stefan said, it should be harmless when left on.

Regarding the markers, I'll have a look. But it seems
premature optimization.  Remember that I benchmarked
this and it presented no real problem.

João