Drawing to cairo context from within emacs module?

From: David Engster
Subject: Drawing to cairo context from within emacs module?
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 21:28:07 +0100

There's probably a million things I'm missing here, but would it be
possible to access the cairo context from within an emacs module, so
that one could simply draw stuff using the Cairo API (on Cairo-enabled
Emacsen only, of course)? I'm sure this won't play well at all with
redisplay, but it'd be fun playing around with it...

-David