Re: master 83587bb 1/2: Correctly cache sorted completions in icomplete-

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: master 83587bb 1/2: Correctly cache sorted completions in icomplete--sorted-completions
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 17:48:28 +0000

[sorry for the duplicate mail, Eli]

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 5:20 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> > From: João Távora <address@hidden>
> > Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 11:48:09 +0000
> > Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
> >
> > As a minor nit, I also think the announcement of the 27 cut was kind
> > of low-key (I happened to notice it on a git fetch) and then found the
> > announcement buried inside a thread.
>
> Which thread did you have in mind?  I posted the announcement here:
>
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-12/msg00635.html
>
> and it definitely starts a new thread.

That's the one I had in mind. It appears in the longer-running "Starting the
Emacs 27 release cycle" thread as a reply to Bastien's
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-12/msg00129.html
(as you can see by following the link your posted).

Even though you removed the "Re:" from the subject, Gmail also hides it in the
same "conversation", so it doesn't stand out as a new thread.  I seem to recall
some heavier "ANNOUNCE" stuff in the past, but can't be sure. Anyway, this
is a very minor nit: thanks a lot for this work.

Maybe I should blame Gmail. I'm working on ditching it, or at least
the web client, but can't seem to close the deal :-(

João