Re: On elisp running native

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 17:30:01 +0200

> From: Andrea Corallo <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 11:28:19 +0000
>
> By the way I've tried to rebase on latest trunk and did some boostraps
> but I get from time to time backtraces always going through libpthread.

Can you show an example of such a backtrace, with source file,
function name, and line number information?

> Does this ring any bell to anybody?  The branch the native compiler is
> currently based on date beginning of the year.  Did something
> fundamental changed around threading?

Bootstrapping Emacs doesn't use threads, so I'm unsure what changes in
threading could be relevant.

But to answer your question, we changed slightly how thread is
started, as side effect of fixing the code which assigns a name to a
new thread.