Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: chad
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 10:32:26 -0700

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 9:14 AM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
Speaking of other platforms, I wonder if Windows and macOS also have
have standard sets of icons.

It would make our task easier (and the end result more native-looking)
if we could use a similar approach.

Apple publishes a set of system icons for macOS (and its other OS's, if that matters to anyone) as part of it's Human Interface Guidelines. These are tweaked and updated with OS version, but usually are stable over several major versions. The current set can be found here: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/icons-and-images/system-icons/

HTH,
~Chad