Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 12:36:43 +0200

On Fri, Apr 24 2020, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Unless I misunderstand what you mean by "Org syntax", I don't think users who want to create documents with Org should be required to know that syntax. Instead, there should be commands to help them produce correctly formatted snippets. Compare that with Texinfo commands
which produce the various syntactic elements of the language.

Yes, there are usually helper functions to do just that, though for some things, it's easier to just type the markup directly. (`*bold*` is IMHO quicker than `C-c C-x C-f * bold C-f`.) But once I know how to create a heading in a text document I can use the same command to create a heading in a notes file or an agenda file.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments