Re: How to poll the users

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How to poll the users
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 23:37:52 -0400

  > > * Mail to info-gnu-emacs and help-gnu-emacs, and any other suitable
  > > place, presenting the proposed change in sufficient detail that people
  > > can judge it, and where to email the response, as well as what kind of
  > > information we seek.

  > How many subscribers do these mailing lists have?

I don't know.  Do you?

We could ask the FSF sysadmins.

  > For comparison,

Those two lists are the only ways I know of to reach Emacs users.

I don't know of any other suitable places, but it is good to find
more.

                    the StackOverflow surveys we've seen mentioned in this
  > thread count about 4000 dedicated Emacs users (that filled out the
  > survey). The Emacs StackExchange site has around 20'000 registered
  > users. The Emacs subreddit has almost 40'000 subscribers.

I have never used StackExchange or Reddit, and I don't know how they
are structured.  Are you suggesting them as additional places to send
our polls to?

Have you got any other suggestions of places?

--
Dr Richard Stallman