Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 23:38:56 -0400

  >   We've recently
  > discussed that our copy dash.el is out of sync with recent
  > development, and we have coffee-mode.el before that.

Would someone with good social skills like to ask the developers of
dash to move their development into GNU ELPA, or ask why they have not
done so?  I am sure they can see the advantage of having their latest
version available through Emacs.

  > Is there something we could do to avoid such a situation before it
  > arises?  To my mind, we really need package authors to push
  > (figuratively speaking) their changes to us, rather than us having to
  > pull their changes.

Could we make explicit arrangements with the package developers, about
continued maintainance of the package within GNU ELPA, as part of
arranging to include the package in GNU ELPA?  Do we already do this?

--
Dr Richard Stallman