Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 09:42:42 -0400

>> Would someone with good social skills like to ask the developers of
>> dash to move their development into GNU ELPA, or ask why they have not
>> done so?  I am sure they can see the advantage of having their latest
>> version available through Emacs.
> There's something I don't quite understand tho, please explain it to
> me: from my uneducated eye dash.el is very similar to s.el.

My guess: he doesn't know dash.el (just like he doesn't know about most
of elpa.git, and of course even more so about the rest of the Emacs
world outside of emacs-devel and emacs.git: he doesn't have the time to
learn about those things).

With a bit of luck, he'll now ask for dash.el to be removed from GNU ELPA.

        Stefan "depressed"